Most businesses need a regular stream of new traffic to stay in business online. Learning how to attract traffic to your website is essential to running a business online successfully. Lack of online visitors is also one of the most common complaints made by website owners everywhere. This post is all about creating an automated traffic-getting machine to overcome those woes.
Automated Traffic-Getting Machine
This article is part of a comprehensive article series designed to help small business owners learn how to grow their business online in a sustainable manner using proven and inexpensive methods. Watch for the next installment coming next month.
Why Are So Many Businesses Having Difficulty Bringing More Visitors To Their Websites?
If you search for any of the key phrases below in Google ...
- "bring visitors to your site"
- "how can I attract more web traffic to my web site for free"
- "best 100 places to attract traffic"
- "how to bring more visitors using videos"
- "I need free web site visitors"
...you will immediately find loads of tips, tricks and information on methods to help you increase your website visitors.
(When it comes to creating an automated traffic-getting machine, there are lots of strategies to get more web traffic to your site. This article series will show you how to set up a simple system to benefit from all these traffic-generation methods!)
There is clearly no shortage of ways to drive traffic to your web site. There are thousands of courses and free resources that can teach you effective strategies to drive more visitors to your site.
The problem often has more to do with business owners not investing sufficient time into learning how to generate new web traffic sustainably, not setting up systems for managing the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are a number ways to automate and leverage your web traffic generation.
The picture below shows the approach many small businesses take when it comes to generating traffic to their sites ...
This is how many small businesses approach the challenge of generating website traffic
Essentially, the typical approach many small businesses take is this: first, you build your website, and then you figure out how to drive traffic to your site.
As we will show you in just a moment, there is a smarter approach.
Don't make the mistake of believing that "outsourcing" your traffic generation will eliminate the problem.
Outsourcing is great if you have great systems set up to manage your traffic-generation activities already. If not, you will probably end up wasting a lot of your valuable time and money looking for a profitable traffic method.
Without a proper foundation and systems in place, web traffic generation can become very costly!
Sustainable traffic generation requires laying a solid foundation online, implementing systems, continually testing campaign elements, experimenting with different marketing and promotional strategies, analyzing results, comparing ROI across different traffic-generation strategies, etc.
Is There A Way To Automate The Process Of Getting Traffic?
Imagine if all you had to do to instantly attract new targeted traffic to your website was to publish content on a regular basis.
This is not science fiction or fantasy ... it's a fact! As a matter of fact, many website owners are currently doing this ... and you can too!
In the Web Site Traffic Blueprint article series, we will show you the process of setting up an automated traffic system that can instantly begin attracting new visitors to your web site, simply by adding content on a consistent basis to your website.
How To Set Up An Automated Traffic-Getting Machine
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic method we present in this article series involves 3 fundamental steps:
- Set up specific systems to lay down a solid foundation for generating sustainable web traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to start bringing visitors and generating traffic data
- Test new traffic methods
Sustainable traffic generation requires laying a solid foundation online and putting the right systems in place
Right now, we'll mostly be focusing on Step One. The purpose of this article series is to help you set up a traffic-generation system that will ultimately help you:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money in many different ways
- Automatically get your web pages indexed faster in search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic-generation methods, monitor results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic-generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
All of the above can be achieved using what we will refer to throughout our article series as an "expertly-configured" WordPress web site ...
What Is An Expertly-Configured WordPress Website?
An expertly-configured WordPress website or blog is not the same as a professionally-configured WordPress web site.
An expertly-configured WordPress site is a website that is not only powered by WordPress, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take full advantage of the tremendous power, features and functionality of WordPress and its integration with other services, specifically in areas like search engine optimization, content syndication and analytics.
Why Use An Expertly-Configured WordPress-Powered Website?
We write extensively on this site about the benefits of using the WordPress CMS to grow your business online.
Understanding how an "expertly-configured" WordPress website or blog can instantly deliver a stream of web traffic to your business requires a number of articles, which is why we strongly recommend that you spend some time reading our other articles and subscribe to this site (this way, you will be informed when new content about this topic gets published).
Let's start by addressing some basic questions:
Why use WordPress to set up an automated traffic generation system? Why can't you just use some other platform?
Take a look at the diagram below ...
Many websites are built with platforms that create "static" websites, or websites with "static" web pages. Essentially, what this means is that your web content mostly sit inside the server waiting to be found. By itself, your website doesn't communicate with anything outside its application; it doesn't broadcast to anyone in the cybersphere, or inform any other site when new content has been published to the site.
Think about it ... if, in a static website, the content simply sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then the business owner has to continually promote their site and its content to maintain new web visitors coming.
WordPress is different.
The WordPress CMS application comes with default functionality that allows site owners to set up, easily configure and build an automated "traffic generation" machine, where all you then have to do is post content and your website does the rest, immediately notifying various online properties about your site to automatically drive you new traffic ...
With an expertly-configured WordPress website, you simply publish content and your site will do the rest, informing the world about your content and bringing you back traffic ...
In Part Two of the Web Site Traffic Blueprint overview, we go over the components of this automated traffic system:
- Setup - Learn the best way to start if you don't have a website yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure - WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings need to be configured for maximum benefit.
- Automate - Your traffic machine requires not only internal WordPress settings to be configured, but also expert integration of your site's built-in functionality with external tools and other online properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics and social media accounts).
- Publicize - After configuring your site settings and integrating your site with various third-party tools, all you have to do is publish new content consistently and WordPress will instantly notify and inform search engines, your social media sites and other online properties about the new content, giving your content wider exposure online to more visitors.
- Optimize - We recommend beginning with a content marketing strategy to build traffic organically. With the right systems in place, you can then begin to track and understand incoming traffic and start gathering valuable information that will allow you to make intelligent and cost-effective decisions as you expand to new traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Section 1
This article on how to create an automated traffic-getting machine is part of a comprehensive series of articles designed to help you learn how to grow your business online sustainably using WordPress with proven and inexpensive methods.
Hopefully this article has given you a better understanding of problems that can affect your website and how WordPress can help you get better results online by creating your own automated traffic-getting machine. To learn more about the benefits of using WordPress please click on links to visit our related posts section.