Before you embark on video marketing, there are a few facts to be aware of. They’ll blow your mind because you’ll see after reading this that video is a super-powerful way to market your brand. You just need to get started.
Video Marketing Facts
* Shorter Videos Get More Views – Keeping your video to two minutes or less is important because they are more likely to be watched all the way to the end. Wisita.com did a study on this and tested videos that are 30 to 90 seconds long and monitored the stickiness of each. They found that keeping your videos under two minutes was better for viewership.
* Don’t Be Like a Talk Show – You know how you’ll get teasers all through a show about the main storyline, which ends up coming up at the very last five minutes of the show. They do this so that you watch the whole show. People who watch videos don’t like that, and will click away. In contrast, if you put the important info right up front they’ll be more likely to watch it to the end.
* Keep All Your Videos Relevant – The best way to accomplish this is to really get to know who your audience is and make all your videos for that audience. If you are in the editing process, cut out things that get off topic, ramble or make no sense to the title or your audience.
* Don’t Act Like a Robot – You are a human being and if it’s your voice and your face on the videos, be yourself. You’re not a robot. You are going to make mistakes, pronounce things strangely, or you’re going to make a face you don’t like. It’s all good because people want you to be human.
* Decision Makers Like Video – According to Forbes.com, 39% of executives report contacting vendors after watching videos about the products they’re interested in. This is really telling because that means you want to make more videos for the decision makers in your niche.
* Landing Pages – If you include a video on a landing page, that page will convert at a much higher rate than one without a video. According to Unbounce.com the conversion increases by 80 percent.
* A Picture Is Worth… - You’ve heard the saying that a picture is worth 1000 words. Dr. James McQuivey of Forrester Research states that a minute-long video is worth 1.8 million words. If that’s true, then you need to add video to your marketing mix now.
* Sad Facts – Most businesses and brands aren’t even using video to market to their consumers. This means that the field is wide open for you to get into the door. Start using video to promote your business through all the different types of network.
Video marketing is a great way to get the word out about your business. If you want to start video marketing, a good place to begin is YouTube. You can repurpose some of the content that you already have to test out on YouTube, but be sure not to stay with only YouTube. Videos can be shared on multiple platforms for the best results.