When you embark on video marketing it’s important to use many different types of videos in your video marketing mix - just like when you start blogging. You want your audience to get excited about tuning into your videos because they know it will be well made, understandable, and not always exactly the same.
Types Of Video Marketing
Here are twelve types of video marketing to keep your audience interested.
1. Expert Interviews – You can use video to capture interviews you conduct with experts in your field. People love listening to those that they know to be movers and shakers. Don’t be scared to ask people to let you interview them. You’ll be amazed at how many people will eat up these interviews.
2. Demonstration Videos – If you want to show someone how to do something, video can’t be beat. It doesn’t matter if it’s technical or cooking, or something else entirely; people love looking up videos to find out how to do something.
3. Talking Head Videos – This is actually the most common form of video and you should do some of these, because people want to see your face and get to know you. Looking them in the eye and feeling as if you are talking directly to them is something that your audience will enjoy.
4. Live Events – You can record live events such as Google Hangouts and allow people to ask questions of you live. Then you can post them later as videos. Not only will you get viewers live, but you’ll also get viewers later when you post the recording.
5. Slide Shows with Voice-Over – Another type of video that works well is to create a slide show of images, or using PowerPoint and a voice-over explaining what the viewer is looking at.
6. How To Videos – A great way to start doing videos is to tell people how to do something. This is a super way to reuse some of your former blog posts that might say how to do something, too.
7. Video Tips Series – Another really cool thing to do with videos is to make a list of 10 tips, or 8 tips, and go through them really fast. You can then expand by making each tip one longer video in a series.
8. Sales Videos – These types of videos don’t go on YouTube but instead are made for landing pages and sales pages. They are also sometimes longer than other types of videos and use all the same trigger words, terms, and ideas that a written sales page uses.
9. Book Tour Video – If you’ve published a book, you can go through and show people what they’re getting when they purchase your book. This can also work with talking about a membership website, a course, or something else that needs some explanation.
10. Testimonial Videos – Nothing is better than a testimonial video. Asking your customers to provide a testimonial video can be scary, but once you start getting them it brings each testimonial to life in a new way.
11. Review Videos – You can make review videos on products, websites, tools and more that will get a lot of views on and off your website. People want to know what you think, and it’s important to let them know.
12. Explainer Videos – You’ve seen these videos with the hand drawing while a voice-over takes place, explaining stats, data, and more? These are very popular and an excellent way to get more viewers and explain difficult concepts.
These types of videos are the types you should consider adding to your video marketing mix. Having a variety of different types of videos will keep your viewers interested and build your audience faster.